Friday 20 November 2015

The Winter Edit | Collab




Swatches, Left to Right: Natural Collection Blush (Peach Melba) Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick (08) 17 Eyeshadow (Statuesque) Maybelline Colour Tattoo (Creamy Beige)

Hey guys its Phoebe! Winter is approaching quite quickly, and while it may still be technically autumn, it definitely feels more like winter. The days are shorter, colder and most exciting of all - the Christmas lights are out! I decided to put together a few makeup products that are perfect for taking you into winter. 

This is an exciting collab with not one, but two, different bloggers! The first is The Average Gurl who has supported our instagram and blog for a very long time now. Her blog is amazing with the perfect mixture of beauty, lifestyle and everything! The second blogger is from FloralBeautyXxox and her blog is relatively new, but so good. Go check out their posts after this :)

Finally, lets get into the post!

Revlon ColorStay Foundation - Combination/Oily - Shade: 150 Buff

This is probably the most expensive drugstore foundation, but well worth it. I needed a new foundation because I realised yellow tones complimented my skin better. This shade is the perfect match for me and gives amazing coverage without looking cakey ever! It has a satin finish which is great for winter because you don't look flat or too dewy.

Bourjois Healthy Mix Concealer - Shade: 51

Again, I bought this due to the yellow tones. This concealer is so radiant and creamy without having any flecks of shimmer in it. As soon as you apply this, your skin instantly looks healthy and glowing. This pairs great with the Revlon foundation, and is great for winter because it can really give you a few extra hours sleep!

Natural Collection Blush - Shade: Peach Melba

This product has always been somewhat neglected in my makeup collection. Recently I've been using it more and really loving it! Because its matte, I think this is the perfect addition for your makeup routine because it looks really natural. It's also only £1.99!!

Maybelline Colour Tattoo - Shade : Creamy Beige

This cream eyeshadow is a dream. It blends so beautifully and is the perfect shade of matte brown. Also, its staying power is incredible - literally couldn't wash the swatch off of my hand! This option is great if you prefer your browns. It is a bit more cool-toned which I. personally, think is really flattering in winter.

Seventeen Eyeshadow - Shade: Statuesque

I added another eyeshadow option if you're not a fan of cream products. This eyeshadow is a lovely taupe-mauve shade which would look lovely as a quick wash of colour or even for a smokey eye. I've had this for ages now (it will look slightly different in shops, I have the old packaging!) and it was actually one of the first makeup products I ever owned.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner

This felt tip liner is great because of the amount of control you get. It is easy to get a thin line, or build it up thicker if that's what you want. It is only £6 so it's one of S&G's cheaper makeup products, but I love it!

Rimmel Kate Moss Lipstick - Shade: 08

This is a lovely wearable mauve shade with a slightly glossy finish. It has a creamy consistency and amazing staying power! I have talked about it so much in other blogposts so I'm not going to bore you with it again (see: October Favourites and Top Three Lipsticks

So that is it for The Winter Edit. Basically a few products to throw into your makeup routine to make it different for winter! Remember to check out the other girls' posts and leave comments!

Hope you enjoyed!

Byeee! x



2 comments:

  1. This was amazing! My post will be up tomorrow xx

    ReplyDelete