Tuesday 17 January 2017

My Favourite Highlighters


Highlighters are definitely up there in my top favourite beauty products, along with eyeshadow palettes. I could just bathe myself in all that glow. I don't know why but I don't think a makeup look is complete without adding a little radiance on the cheekbones and brow bone. You'll realise this as you read the post but my fav highlighters are all very champagne/gold toned instead of purple or pink. Hopefully there's something in this post for everyone, as the price range is pretty big, from Collection to Benefit!

Maybelline Bricks Bronzer £7.99 | you can buy it here
No joke, I haven't heard a peep about this bronzer & highlighter duo anywhere on Bloglovin'. This came out in summer last year, and I featured it in a haul post, but for some reason I haven't mentioned it much.Not gonna lie, I ignore the bronzer as it can run the risk of looking orange. But the highlighter is another story altogether! One side of it is pinky and the other is gold, and when mixed together it creates the most gorgeos peach glow. I wish they had this highlighter on its own!!

Collection Mosaic Bronze Glow £2.99 | you can buy it here
All throughout August I was using this gorgeous, natural bronze highlighter because it complemented my tan so nicely! Its very bronze/gold toned which I can imagine looks gorgeous on darker or olive skin tones too. For the price you really can't go wrong with this! It's not glittery, its just shimmer and its perfect for a natural sheen.

TheBalm Mary Lou Manizer £17.50 | you can buy it here
Oh my, I love this little highlighter so much. Mary Lou is a lot more intense than the aforementioned highlight by Collection but its perfect for when you're wearing a little more makeup. Its a gorgeous light gold shade which is packed with pigmentation! Its a little expensive but I don't really know because some people view TheBalm as drugstore, but I see them as high end so! 

Sleek Precious Metals Highlighting Palette £9.99 | you can buy it here
I bought this instead of Solstice last year because I really wanted to try some cream highlights and the shades are much more natural. There's a champagne, a gold, a white and a bronze shade so its a very easy-to-wear palette! I still love this even though the cream can be a bit more time-consuming, but I definitely don't reach for it as often as I should. I'd really recommend it if you like Solstice!

Benefit High Beam £19.50 | you can buy it here
This is the priciest highlighter in this post but its really not too bad compared to the likes of BECCA! This is a pearlescent sheen which looks so gorgeous when it hits the light. I love using it under foundation on the tops of my cheekbones to fake a lit-from-within glow! This is perfect for natural, lazy makeup looks because it really adds some dimension and radiance without looking like highlighter.

Sleek Solstice Highlighting Palette £9.99 | you can buy it here
I know I've already mentioned this since receiving it for Christmas but I'm obsessed, haha. I was so ashamed that I hadn't tried it sooner but I really didn't believe the hype around these four highlighters, even though I love Precious Metals! I don't use the top two shades as much but I'm in love with the others, but the purple is great for dramatic looks!

What are your favourite highlighters?

xo


8 comments:

  1. Benefit high beam is my fav too!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Balm one is one of my favourites too! Great roundup :)

    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I finally own the Mary-Lou Manizer highlight & it was soooo worth the wait. That stuff is stunning!

    Nicole | The Glam Surge // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Balm Mary Lou Manizer is definitely up there as a favourite for me too! For some reason I've never fallen for the Sleek palettes, though I've tried 2 or 3 of them :(

    Jasmine xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete