Although I'm not a fan of the term 'self care' I think it is such an important aspect that not enough people incorporate into their lives (I know I forget). Its so easy to get caught up in a whirlwind of work and life and forget to make sure that your mental health isn't suffering. Feeling overwhelmed is horrible but the only way to treat it is by taking five steps back and looking after yourself, listening to what you want to do and not what is expected of you.
1. Set aside one day each week to do whatever you like
2. Treat your skin with face masks & the likes
3. Read a good book before bed
4. Make sure you sleep as much as your body needs
5. Organise your stuff: makeup, perfume, books etc
6. Make a list of TV shows and movies to watch when you feel down
7. Let yourself have your favourite chocolate if you really want to
8. Learn when to say yes and when to say no
9. Try to see a positive in everything, its all about silver linings
10. Slow down and be present
11. Treat yourself to the lipstick you've been wanting for forever
12. Eat more fruit & veg, it'll work wonders!
13. Pull out all the stops with a spa-like pamper sesh
14. Write in a journal/diary. Spill out everything you've been keeping in
15. Think to yourself, "will this matter to me in a month, a year, 2 years?"
16. Wrap yourself in nature more to clear your head
17. If you don't feel like exercising, gentle yoga is a great substitute to a HIIT session
18. Get rid of the toxic people in your life and let yourself forget about them
19. Figure out what really matters to you.
20. Green tea is so great for you, but if you don't like it try some other beneficial drinks!
21. Drink two litres of water everyday, I always feel a difference if I don't
22. Paint your nails, full-body moisturise etc
23. Work at the desk instead of the sofa, you'll be much more productive
24. Set a new small goal every day e.g. a 5 minute walk
25. Burn more candles
26. Use apps to make your phone brightness decrease as the sun sets
27. Be patient with your goals, some things take time
28. Watch something funny, sometimes all you need is a good laugh
29. Cook for yourself more, its self-rewarding
30. Learn when to step back and recover from feeling overwhelmed
I hope this helped. Can you add to the list?
You might also like: 25 Positive Life Changes To Make Right Now